The following was reported in the Montgomery Weekly Advertiser of 1861 and printed in The First White House of the Confederacy booklet written and edited by Cameron Freeman Napier, the fifth Regent of the White House Association. I paraphrase it briefly for your information, especially since we are “winding down” year one of the Sesquicentennial of The War Between The States.
Jan 11, 1861 – Alabama adopted the Ordinance of Secession from the Union
Feb 4 – Confederate States of American organized
Feb 8 – Provisional Constitutional Congress convened at State Capitol in Montgomery
Feb 9 – Jefferson Davis elected President of the CSA
Feb 10 – Jefferson Davis received telegram of his election at Brierfield Plantation, near Vicksburg
Feb 16 – Jefferson Davis arrived Montgomery, midnight train, took suite in Exchange Hotel
Feb 18 – At 1:00 P.M. Jefferson Davis inaugurated Provisional President of CSA
Feb 21 – Provisional Congress authorized lease of the Executive Mansion
March 2 – Mrs. Davis en route to Montgomery
March 4 – Mrs. Davis arrived and went to Executive Mansion to supervise renovations
March 11 – President and Mrs. Davis held a levee at the First White House
March 17 – Provisional Confederate Congress adjourned until second Monday in May
April 1 – Mrs. Davis returned to Brierfield to supplement the White House furnishings
April 10 – Beauregard given discretionary authority to “demand evacuation  Fort Sumter or reduce it”.
April 14 – Mrs. Davis returned to Montgomery with the children and certain household items.
April 24 – Description of the Davis’ $ 1300 coach, ordered in New Orleans, reported in newspaper.
May 20 – Provisional Confederate Congress passed proclamation to move Capital to Richmond
May 24 – First bloodshed in the War Between the States occurred.
May 26 – President Davis left Montgomery
May 20 – President Davis arrived Richmond. Mrs. Davis remained to supervised packing.
June 15 –  Mrs. Davis reported holding receptions at Spotswood Hotel in Richmond.

 She was waiting to move into the old Brockenbrough House which would remain the permanent and last White House of the Confederacy.